Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Where it all begins....

Warm greetings to you, and welcome, to my humble online abode. :)

Well, what with my busy schedule and all, I do not often find the time to make as much use of the wonderful resource of the internet as I might like, and at the grand old age of 86, here I find myself beginning yet another new project, as a virgin blogger, lol!

I have never even visited the blogging world up until this point, and likely would never have done so, were it not for a friend linking me to a topic on which he asked me to speak to dispel a few 'myths' regarding the year 2012, and what may or may not occur, as the noonday winter solstice sun of December 21st makes it's presence felt by forming an alignment between the Galactic Plane and the Solstice Meridian.

I felt it would lack the personal touch to merely post as 'anonymous', so took the necessary steps in which to create a new account for myself with which to make my post.

Having done so, I felt quite intrigued at the idea of beginning my own blog for such discussions, and after some deliberation on how much time it would take to embark upon such a project, I decided to at least set out upon the task, and see where it takes me. :)

I'm not really one for talking to myself, so I feel that the duration of my time here will much rely upon the level of interest and feedback as to this blog's usefulness and impact. Not really much point in spending precious time working upon something that is considered of little use to my dear human brethren.

So, my intention is to begin with the same topic which I was asked by my aforementioned friend to speak on, that of the events on, and leading up to December 21st, 2012.

I will not waste precious moments on expounding my 'qualifications' to speak upon such matters in any great detail, as for anyone who is interested, such information can be found within my profile.

Suffice to say, that I am of Mayan and Qero (Peruvian) decent, and have spent much of my life involved with the study, research and teaching of our heritage, and have held a position upon our Council of Elders for some 19 years now, which is dedicated to furthering the knowledge of our ancient wisdom traditions.

It is my intention, should there be sufficient interest, to focus not only upon the topic of Mayan Tradition , 2012 etc, but to branch out into sharing my understandings and beliefs regarding the nature of the Human Life-Experience in general, and the ultimate purpose of our incarnations here on this very beautiful planet earth, throughout the passing millennia.


So, without further ado, I shall continue by following on from this opening post, and offering a segment of an email correspondence with my aforementioned friend, for your perusal.

I welcome any comments or questions that you may have, lol, if by some miracle I've actually set this blog thingy up correctly, and that someone does in fact happen to chance upon it's humble existence in cyberspace. :)


Kind Regards,

Dr. Ekahau, (The Council of Elders).

No comments: